Sport Against Violence and Exclusion (SAVE), a project cofounded by the Erasmus + Program of the European Union, seeks to prevent violent and socially exclusive behaviors through physical activity. The current editorial shows a range of possible interpretations of these two phenomena from both a psychological and sociological point of view, offering helpful methods to coaches who train children (ages 6 to 12)in grass-root sport clubs.
- To define competencies needed to predict, avoid and cease violence, exclusion and intolerance through sport, using sport as conflict resolution tool.
- To conflict resolution as a part of future curricula at the Universities and lifelong learning programs.
- To build capacity of sport educational institutions to effectively manage the use of conflict resolution tool.
OBJECTIVES OF THE PROJECT:
- To recognize and increase the acquisition of skills and competencies such as discipline, team-work and perseverance through informal learning activities in sport.
- Provide a suitable measure in which determined competencies will ensure better understanding in basic and general concepts of proper social conduct.
- Enable youth to practice sport collectively and in organized structure.
- To support sport clubs which practice grass-root sport in order to increase their services and engage young people in sport.
- To promote dialogue and exchange of best practices by integrating sport competencies in everyday practice.
- To support inter-cultural dialogue, sense of belonging and participation through key sport competencies contributing to social cohesion and integrated societies.
- Gap analysis through desk and field research on the current sport situation to assess target’s needs.
- Creation of SAVE online platform.
- Creation of SAVE curriculum for trainers.
- Implementation of a pilot training of community coaches and students.
- Creation of SAVE Training KIT.
- Increased sport skills and competencies in youth and trainers within the participant countries.
- Created and piloted curriculum and training for coaches and students.
- Enhanced network for coaches, youngster and parents through online platform for sport structures and courses.
- Promoted and increased engaging in sport, inter-cultural dialogue and sense of belonging in youth.